Sleep apnea is a restriction of the airway in the back of the throat either partly or completely restricted. When this happens you may observe some sleepiness, snoring, and obesity which could prevent you from getting a two year certificate at you DOT physical. However, there are some sleep apnea prevention tips to ensure that sleep apnea is not an issue.
Lifestyle Modifications –
- Weight Loss
- Reduce alcohol consumption
- Avoid medicines that make you tired
- Quit smoking
- Reducing blood pressure
- Sleep on your side instead of your back in order to help keep your throat open – Read more at Sleep Health Foundation
Making lifestyle modifications will help prevent sleep apnea and reduce the likelihood of needing a CPAP, mouth pieces, or surgery but should be discussed with your doctor in order to make sure you have the correct diagnosis. To understand more about how sleep apnea is treated read this article from National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute.
If your doctor suggests you have Obstructive Sleep Apnea they’ll require you to have a sleep study to measure the quality of sleep. If you’re currently using a CPAP at night because you have a diagnosis of Obstructive Sleep Apnea you will want to print off your you can read this forum to see if there are any good suggestions or call your medical device company. They’ll know how to print if off for you.
We know you’re busy and when you need a DOT physical we’re here to help. If you’re able to pay online and register this saves you $10 and a bunch of time when you arrive to your exam. Reducing stress while driving is important and we wish to help by providing an easy process for your DOT physical in Grand Junction.
Learn Sleep Apnea Prevention plus Schedule Your DOT Physical Exam in Grand Junction
Here is how the process works:
- Register and pay for your exam by clicking here
- Arrive ready to complete minimal paperwork
- We’ll do a thorough examination and determine your certification length
- You have the option of having us recommend wellness strategies that’ll improve your health
To make your life easier you can register and pay for your DOT Physical in Grand Junction, Colorado at www.dotgj.com plus save $