How you present yourself at your next DOT physical may impact your success rate at passing your exam and continuing on in your career. The FMCSA Medical Handbook has no guidelines on what to wear, but how you show up can make a significant difference. Here are some helpful tips that will improve you earn the maximum certification length:
- Show up early dressed in clean, comfortable clothing. When you’re early to your exam you’ll have adequate time to complete all the paperwork and not feel rushed. Having a sense of calm is important when your blood pressure and pulse are measured. Being more relaxed for that part of your exam may prove critical in receiving certification and helps your chances in getting the full time length of certification.
- If you are using any medical interventions for conditions please bring record of what they are, how long you’ve been using them and the prescribing physician. Examples of medical interventions are: CPAP use logs, medicines, and supplements. When you have all this organized it makes the examiners job easier when determining certification length.
- Bring medical records. If you’ve had a significant medical problem it’ll make certifying easier when you present with your medical records. A prime example of this is if you’ve had a heart attack. There are specific tests the examiner will want from you. When you bring them to your DOT Physical in Grand Junction Colorado it’ll help make that process smoother.
- Have adequate payment and your driver’s license. Without these two details many examiners will not start your exam.
- Be prepared to provider a urine sample. The DOT exam requires urine for medical problems. So times there will be a toxicology test in addition to the medical screen. Either way prepare for your examination by drinking water.
- Avoid tobacco, nicotine and caffeine. These substances may increase your blood pressure and negatively affect your certification.
- Know where you’re going. If you’re lost presenting for your examination it may increase your blood pressure and negatively affect your certification. Before the examination drive by the clinic so you know where you’re going.
- Prepare for your future on the daily basis. Commercial driving is a sedentary job that require specific health requirements to earn the right to drive commercially. Drivers need to care for themselves physical and mentally. Invest in your health by planning healthy foods and getting movement when you’re not driving.
Schedule Your DOT in Grand Junction
Here is how the process works:
- Register and pay for your exam by clicking here
- Arrive ready to complete minimal paperwork
- We’ll do a thorough examination and determine your certification length
- You have the option of having us recommend wellness strategies that’ll improve your health
To make your life easier you can register and pay for your DOT Physical in Grand Junction, Colorado at www.dotgj.com plus save $
We also serve the following communities:
- Battlement Mesa
- Green River
- Glenwood Springs