Honesty at Your DOT Physical
Were you aware that your honesty at your DOT physical is a life or death matter? Most vehicles used by commercial drivers are significantly larger than family transportation vehicles and when driven by an unhealthy driver can become a deadly vehicle.
Please watch this CBS story for examples of how dishonest drivers have caused significant harm and death to other motorists.
It mentions how in 4 states there are close to 100 accidents per year caused by medical problems. This is far too many and our whether you like it or not the federal government and medical providers are paying attention to these statistics.
Obstructive Sleep Apnea is one of the biggest concerns for the FMCSA and certified medical examiners. This is a condition that causes pauses in breathing at night or shallow breathing. This leads to poor sleep quality and sleepy drivers who have a hard time staying awake at the wheel.
The physical characteristics that your medical examiner will pay attention to are:
- Your weight & your height. The shorter and rounder you are the more likely there will a physical obstruction in your airway.
- Your blood pressure. An elevated blood pressure alone doesn’t mean someone has sleep apnea but when combined with other characteristics it usually suggests a diagnosis.
- Large neck girth. A large bulking neck is usually an outward physical sign of an airway that is too constricted to allow for quality oxygen exchange.
If your doctor suggests you have Obstructive Sleep Apnea they’ll require you to have a sleep study to measure the quality of sleep. If you’re currently using a CPAP at night because you have a diagnosis of Obstructive Sleep Apnea you will want to print off your you can read this forum to see if there are any good suggestions or call your medical device company. They’ll know how to print if off for you.
We’re here to help you with you DOT physical in Grand Junction Colorado. We want to see people healthy and working. We do our best to make your DOT physical a stress free event every two years. Please stay tuned for ways to help your Obstructive Sleep Apnea naturally.
Schedule Your DOT Physical Exam in Grand Junction
Here is how the process works:
- Register and pay for your exam by clicking here
- Arrive ready to complete minimal paperwork
- We’ll do a thorough examination and determine your certification length
- You have the option of having us recommend wellness strategies that’ll improve your health
To make your life easier you can register and pay for your DOT Physical in Grand Junction, Colorado at www.dotgj.com plus save $